What is Digital Marketing plan?
Digital marketing plan is the skeletal structure of how you will carry out the process of digital marketing. If the structure is concrete, then you can proceed with the implementation of the plan. It is done in the following steps:
- Analysis of product or services that need to be marketed
- You must be very clear about what product or service you will be marketing through your digital marketing campaigns.
- You should be coherent about the functionalities of the products and services you are offering. The pros and cons of all the products and services should help to estimate far reaching impact it has on customers
- The analysis includes the utilities of the product and services
- Platforms on which digital marketing is done
- Social Media marketing– Facebook, Twitter , instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Pinterest
- Mobile marketing– Sending SMS to generate leads
- Website marketing– form your own website and generate leads by advertising
- Email marketing– send customised emails to people to convert potential lead to actual clients
- Marketing activities :
- Organic marketing activities
- Inorganic marketing activities
Organic marketing activities:
This is the type of marketing activity done on social media platforms without having to pay anything. These are the non- paying ad which involves your creativity. It is posted on certain time so that it hits the market and target audience at the right time
- Post plan and schedule- This involves posting of the ad of your products and services at right time on the social media pages.
It ensures awareness of what is going new about you and your products and service, what all are the improvised features and what else can they look upto.
- Post Type
The posts belong to different types based on their functionality:
For facebook and instagram:
- Brand story posts
- Authority building posts
- Lead nurturing posts
- Personal posts
- Posts regarding the “about us”- teams and services offered
- Engagement generating relatable posts
- Upcoming marketing event
- Knowledge and fact sharing
- “We’re hiring” posts
- Upcoming marketing events
- Share a blog link
- Lead nurturing posts
- Tweet on a trending hashtag
- Tweet of trending digital marketing update
- About your latest services
- Lead nurtured post
- Share a blog link
- Engagement generating relatable posts
- Pinnable posts
- Relevant keywords as group names
- Blog posts that add value to reader
Inorganic marketing activities –
This advertising and marketing activity involves the use payment for advertising particular products and services on social media platforms. These have certain rules to follow. They also charge you depending on these rules.
There are various platforms on which you can make this paid ad :
- Facebook ad campaign:
This is easy to run a campaign only by creating a facebook business account. You have to create your facebook business account. Then you have the opportunity to prepare your ads and run campaigns.
Then facebook starts charging you for the space you need for the ads. Other factors are -format,type of campaign, time period.
- LinkedIn ad campaign – LinkedIn similarly does the same thing. Just the difference that it has with facebook is that LinkedIn is not too much engrossed with general public. It is engrossed with the corporate audience which sees your ad campaigns. They decide whether they liked your campaigns and become a leads.
- Instagram ad campaigns– Instagram ad campaigns are highly related to facebook. You have to have a facebook business account compulsorily in order to start up an instagram ad campaign. Then depending upon the format of your ads, Instagram will charge you.
- Google PPC( Pay per click)- If you want your ad to show in google search result, you have to pay certain amount. It is based on the keyword you auction in.
The person paying the highest money in the bid will be allowed to put up his ad on the top of google search results. That depends on the relevance of the advertisement. This will enhance your visibility of ads. Thus, make people acquainted with your brand. So you will be able to generate leads.
Who is this blog intended for?
This blog is intended for all the people out there who are Digital Marketing Companies themselves. This will give them a better understanding of how the process takes place and help them prepare a lucid plan for digital marketing for their clients.
It is for all the social media freelancers, the smaller groups of esoteric audience who handle the clients at small levels.
It is also for the small, medium and large enterprises which are looking forward to getting their digital marketing problems solved. It is for providing them the awareness about how this is done.
So, this digital marketing plan is a part of digital marketing strategy. We offer such plans at Softtek Solutions. If you get stuck at any of your digital marketing problems, we are the fix you would always look up to. We assure you, that at Softtek, we take care of your specific needs and wants. Your ad become popular and likeable for the audience. You can find all kind of services we offer visiting our website, www.softteksolutions.com
Digital marketing is incomplete without Search Engine Optimization. It is the process which will help you move up the search results in search engines by doing keyword research. So, this is a different and interesting concept altogether which further enhances your popularity. We will discuss this in our next blog at www.softteksolutions.com
Digital Marketing Plan Ingredients
- Media Plan- A media plan is a proposition of what functions you want to perform. It requires a list of metrics which you have to consider for preparing the plan. Following is the list of metrics you have to consider for preparing a media plan:
- Platform- This is the social media platform on which you will be putting up your ad campaign
- Campaign- This is the ad campaign you will be launching for your different products and services
- Placement– This is the proper location of the ads on the social media page
- Property- This is the type of post in which your campaign will be launched
- Product images and videos- This is the type of the ad you want to run. Check if it needs images or videos or a mixture of different type of media
- Product size- The product size refers to the size of video. The format must be known. Similarly for the images, the specifications in pixels of the image and the texts
- Targeting- It is the targeting audience which is intended to see your post. The location and type of system they are using to see your ads like mobiles or laptops
- Buying type- It is the format in which the ads you put up will be paid, for instance, cost per like which you can calculate based on the number of likes you get on facebook, or the CPC, cost per click is the number of clicks which your ads gets on clicking on it
- Duration- The period of time for which your ads will be active on the social media platform
- Estimate CPM- Estimate cost for one thousand impressions for the ad you have put
- Estimate impression- Estimate of the number of views or impressions your ads will be getting
- Estimate frequency- Estimate of the number of times your ads is seen by viewer
- Estimate unique reach- Estimate of the variety of audience your ads will reach
- Estimate CPC- Estimate of the price you will be paying for viewing or clicking of each time of your ads
- Estimate CTR- Estimate of the number of clicks the reader gives after seeing your ads
- Estimate monthly clicks- Estimate of the number of the clicks received by your ads per month
- Estimate cost – Estimate cost you will be paying for your ads
- Total cost- Total cost incurred for the advertisement
- Organic Promotion
Since this is an unpaid platform, you can make the best out of it by promoting your events and services properly.
All this requires, is to be done in right time and date. Therefore, there is the requirement of plan and schedule to post your updates. You are supposed to generate lead for your products and services only when people require your products and services.
That is considered the best time for advertising and consequently gives you the opportunity to generate and nurture leads.
This doesn’t involve investing of capital. Hence, it can be exploited to the maximum use.
- Inorganic Promotion
This promotion requires too many resources to be invested. So you must make sure that all your efforts you put in must bear fruits. Take care of the type of ad campaign. Check for its making. Emphasize on creativity and utility of ads. See whether it hits the target audience in right time and on right date. Follow up the CPCs and CPLs. Try to enhance them as much as possible.
In result, people will come to know about your brand more. This will gradually increase your leads and thus increase your business.
Target the people who see the ad . It is the people who will decide to take your products and service. Here, they play the major role in your business.
Select the social media platform of advertisement properly. Check for your requirements so that it does not go haywire and target some different audience other than the intended.
Placement plays a key role in showing your ad. So be particular to choose the location
It is very important to keep a check on the time period for which the ad is being shown. It won’t be of any relevance if it exceeds the target date.
Target Audience analysis –
It is the demographics of the target audience and the analysis based on the following factors:
- Type of audience
- Age group of audience
- Location of audience
- Profession of audience
- Interests of audience
- Business interests
- Entertainment interests of audience
- Fitness and wellness interests
- Analysing the density of the audience of specific, medium and broad density audience.
- How much the ad has reached the audience
- Number of clicks on the ad
- Provision made by distinct search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing
- In this advertiser pays for the number of clicks his/her ad ss makes.
- Keyword advertising is synonymous. Here clicks are mad sse by user based on the keyword they search
- Available PPC in Google- Google adWord, Yahoo- Yahoo Gemini, Bing- Bing ad
- You should make effective use of this service offered by Google for the benefit of your company
ROI Insights –
- Your ROI depends upon the reachability and creativity of the ad ss.
- You have to check for the CPCs, CPLs
- You have to plan the budget according to your available resources
- If you have a budget of 90, 000 to invest in CPC ,make sure that the number of clicks your ad gets should be more.
- You will never want to invest more and get lesser amount of return from the capital you are investing
- Estimate monthly clicks should also be kept in mind. Your ad should get good number of clicks
- Total cost must be an optimum cost.You should neither invest too less or too much for the ad ss
Digital Plan Template
- All the above information can be presented in a template. It can be excel or word or powerpoint. These platforms ensure good readability
- We at Softtek recommend excel sheets because of it versatility. It is more understandable as a format
Who is Softtek and why softtek for your Digital Marketing services
- Softtek is a Digital Marketing company based out of Houston Texas. We offer full range of digital marketing services. We have integration of CRM, which we feel is one of the most important substance for satisfying our customer
- Softtek Solutions is a full stack digital marketing agency
- Softtek has a dedicated team of social media professionals
- Softtek is customer centric
- Softtek has a lot of experience in managing ad and producing results
- Softtek will produce contextually relevant and eye friendly images which will be brand and product friendly
- Softtek team will report the progress of the ad ss campaign regularly